Loading the player
Biography of Muhammad Abdulkareem
Sheikh Muhammad Abdulkareem is considered one of the finest Quran readers in Sudan and the rest of the Muslim world, he was born in “Mashaw” village, near the city “Dongola” in the ninth day of September 1968. He is an Imam and a preacher in the mosque “Al Mujamaa Al Islami” in Khartoum city.
He is married and he has seven Children (Two sons and five daughters).
Sheikh Muhammad Abdulkareem received his basic education in Makkah. He also obtained his bachelor degree from King Abdul Aziz’s university in Jeddah, in the faculty of letters “Islamic studies department”. Later on, he earned his master degree and doctorate in “islamic studies” from the University of Khartoum.
Sheikh Muhammad Abdulkareem was a disciple of Sheikh Muhammad Al Sissi, and Sheikh Ahmed Sabri May Allah’s mercy be on them, in the great mosque of Mecca “Masjid Al Haram”. He was able to memorize the Holy Quran under their supervision in 1983. Also, he was certified by Sheikh Muhammad Nahban Masri with the “7 readings” in 1985. He was surrounded with numerous Sheikhs and Ulema with whom he learned a lot of things, such as “Al Rasm of the holy Quran”, “Alfiya Ibn Malik”, and “Al Aaqida Al Talhawiya”.
The most notable Sheikhs who accompanied him are:
- Sheikh Al Allamah “Abdel Aziz Bin Baz” may God have mercy on him, in Mecca and Taif.
- Sheikh Muhammad Al Habib Al Shanqeeti may God have mercy on him, in Mecca.
- Sheikh Muhammad Al Saleh Al Uthaymeen may God have mercy on him, with whom he stayed for a while in “Onaizah”.
Sheikh Muhammad Abdulkareem is distinguished by his soft and sweet voice and his Quran reading mastery “Tajweed”. He was appointed as an Imam and a preacher in the mosque “Al Mujamaa Al Islami” west of the city of “Khartoum”. Besides that, he was also known for his considerable efforts in “Da’wa” or “preaching”, teaching the sciences of the holy Quran and its “Tajweed” rules, and also Quran memorization.
As a result, he earned a certificate from “Al Arqam” Institute for the Quran memorization in “Masjid Al Haram” in Mecca. He previously held numerous tasks including:
- Teaching in the charitable project for the holy Quran memorization in “Al Haram” in Mecca.
- The supervision on the Quran memorization seminars in the north of Jeddah.
- Working as a teacher assistant at the University of the Holy Quran in Omdurman.
He is currently holding many other positions, such us:
- The presidency of the Islamic culture department in the faculty of “Matloubat Al Jamiaa”.
- A membership in the council of trustees of the charitable organization “Di Alnorin” in Khartoum.
- The presidency of the preaching committee “Da’wa” in the legitimate association of scholars, preachers and Imams.
- A membership in the Advisory committee in the Ministry of Awqaf and Religious Affairs in Sudan.
Sheikh Muhammad Abdulkareem is the author of multiple books and publications, most notably:
- “Landmarks of integrity in the holy books and Sunnah”: Master theses.
- “Ahl Al Qibla and their legitimate rights”: Doctorate theses.
- “Al Aqsa mosque”: positions and morals.
- “The treatment of “waswasah” or “whispering” in the Aqidah.
Sheikh Muhammad Abdulkareem published a set of audio recordings of the holy Quran according to Hafs Aen Assem’s recitation method, and recorded a Quran version according to Al Dawri Aen Abi Amrou’s recitation method, and also the explanation of the “introduction of Ibn Al Jazri” “ Al Moukadima Al Jazriya”,...etc.